Friday, July 19, 2013

Today is one of those days when my thoughts are flying around too quickly and chaotically for me to do anything constructive with them.  It's not the most pleasant feeling, because I am constantly aware of a sense of "wasting" time or ideas, but I am starting to realize that it's not something I am likely to ever get away from completely, nor is it something I can overcome through sheer force of will.  My natural inclination when it happens is to get into an argument with my mind, insisting that it slow down and make itself useful, but that usually just ends in a very unproductive internal shouting match.

So I guess for now I am just going to sit with this and remind myself that the time will come for whatever is stewing around in my brain.  Eventually, the individual strands will make themselves known and I will begin to be able to build them into something concrete and workable.  Good thing I am so good at being patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment