Saturday, February 23, 2013

There goes my amazing two-in-a-row weekend posting streak. I knew it was too good to be true. I had a good excuse, though, I swear.  I went home to hang out with my family because it was my birthday last Friday. We didn't do anything crazy- 29 is not exactly a landmark year- but I got to have dinner with my mom and sister, kiss my goddaughter (well, one of them) and her sister a whole bunch, and catch up on a ton of recorded TV.  I set up the DVR for like 10 shows back in December, because I'm resourceful like that.

The first week of my personal new year was spent, like the previous 3,  knee deep in grantwriting goodness. It turns out when you are asking the federal government for close to half a million dollars they can be quite persnickety about the details. My only major role was typing up the edits in each draft, and it still managed to be INSANE.  By some miracle of nature we got the monstrosity submitted yesterday afternoon, though, and I have once again resumed taking full breaths.  Now they just need to fund the proposal, and we'll be all set.

The girls took me out last night for a few beers- officially, it was a belated birthday celebration but honestly I think they are just happy I survived the grant. The place had half-price quesadillas and Magic Hat #9 in bottles, so clearly the stars are aligned in my favor. Tonight's adventure is a whiskey tasting party, and tomorrow's a brunch with some girlfriends. I think I'm starting to feel spring coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment