Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Good Sign

           I found out the night before last that I've been accepted into the Anthro MA program at one of my schools.  I am still waiting to hear back from the School of Public health there, and from the other school where I applied.  Still, though...this is awesome news.  It means I am going SOMEWHERE in the fall.  It means I am moving forward. Most importantly for my approval-hungry little soul, it means that people who matter believe in me enough to want to mentor me.

                    On the other hand, this acceptance cements the idea that my life is gonna change soon in a pretty big way.  I'll be moving out of state to a place where I don't know anyone, and I'll most likely have to leave my dog with my mom and sister.  I don't handle change well, no matter how much I want it, and I am starting to feel the edge or terror brushing up against me. I am trying really hard to be proactive this time, though, and I suppose this blog is part of that. I can keep track of this whole process as it happens so that maybe my own feelings won't catch me my surprise...

No comments:

Post a Comment