Monday, May 28, 2012

A two-cup-of-coffee morning

So for most of the past year I've been doing this super lame thing where I switch to decaf after my first cup of coffee in the morning, to avoid agita* and jitteriness and a whole slew of other fun symptoms that have managed to creep up on me lately.  The unfortunate downside to this (besides the fact that decaffeinated coffee is just fundamentally very, very disappointing) is that my creative energy  has kind of nosedived.*  Whatever.  It's a trade off and I suppose right now it's more important to be just getting through the day to day stuff. The thing is, though, that I spent the weekend with people who are all about putting themselves out there in exactly the way I haven't been.  Plus I just watched a rather inspiring video (The Mindful Music Therapist: Sharing an excellent TED Talk with you) that's gotten up under my breastbone and all this together is seriously making me antsy to mess around in the abyss. And a strange quirk of my personality is that I can't really go exploring without a cup of coffee in my hand. So anyway, the point is that I've gone through two cups so far and I'm being reckless and going for a third, then I'm gonna go live me some questions.

* I am seriously disappointed in Blogger for not recognizing the word agita.
**I read somewhere a long time ago that a blocked or sluggish solar plexus chakra is correlated with  blocked creativity, low self-confidence, and a craving for stimulants. I don't much by into such metaphysics these days, but I do find the connection interesting to ponder...

Thoughts?  What does your creative process look like? When it's not working, what's gone wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment